Control Centre Operator
- Join our growing company in the dynamic mining industry, multi-cultural team environment
- Be a part of the GPS control centre team to monitor vehicle movements along our transport route
- Generous salary and benefits package – 14 days on, 7 days off roster
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE TO LAO NATIONALS ONLY.
This is an exciting time to join PanAust and our subsidiary company, Phu Bia Mining in Laos. Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and our Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation in Laos are both delivering strong production and cost performances and are targeted to reach peak production over the next few years. In addition, the PanAust Group is progressing well in its Stage 1 Feasibility Study of the newly acquired Frieda River Copper Project in PNG.
We offer many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office; and as an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. Our modern mine camps provide great Lao, Asian and Western food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services. Site-based employees work a roster of 20 days on, 8 days off or 14 days on, 7 days off for shift work, while Vientiane – based employees work 5 days per week with 2 days off.
Reporting to the Control Centre Team Leader, you will be responsible for monitor the movements of all of our concentrate haulage and logistics, general and passenger transport travelling along our haulage routes in Laos, using a GPS system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor all PBM related transport within Laos through the GPS Control Centre to ensure they operate trucks in a safe manner at all times. Report any breaches.
- Prepare Trip Reports of individual drivers for Operations of daily haulage performance. Report any exceptions to road safety standards established by PBM Logistics.
- Keep in close with dispatchers, reporting all issues and road hazards as may be required.
- Arrange and supervise vehicle rescues as required along designated route.
- Supporting and work with other staff and contractors as required.
- Assist superiors in daily operation and execution of duties.
- CCTV monitoring. The operators are responsible for monitoring the security of the transit facility and adherence by staff to the cardinal rules and safe working practices.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Degree qualification in IT or related fields
- Some experience in IT or GPS monitoring
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Lao and English.
For questions regarding this position or our recruitment process, please contact Douaxiong on 020 2982 4098 or our recruitment team on +856 (0) 21 268 000.