SOS Children’s Villages Laos is the umbrella organization for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organization we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed colleagues as below:
1. Programme Director – 1 position
Work Location: National Office, Vientiane Capital
- Good verbal and written communication skills in local language and English
- Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Social Science or development related subjects.
- Should have minimum experience of 9-10 years or more with minimum experience of 2 years at the leadership position in the area of alternative family based care programmes for children without parental care.
- Knowledge of programme planning, execution, monitoring and its sustainability.
- Analytical thinking and ability to use program data for program planning and implementation
- Experience of supervising and mentoring of team with effective performance management
- Experience in networking and building collaborations with government and counterpart organizations for cooperation and advocacy
- Knowledge of Development issues especially concerning children and child rights.
- Good knowledge of UNCRC and socio-cultural systems.
If you are interested in the positions, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV including 3 references and cover letter by 30 October 2018 at the latest to the e-mail address below. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The position title must be mentioned in the subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Laos
Kaysone Phomvihan Road, KM6
Hom2, Ban Sivilay, Xaythany District, Vientiane Capital City
Office: 021 710544
Mobile: 020 55504560 / WhatsApp/Line: 020 55038299