DISCOVER YOUR POTENTIAL. DEVELOP YOUR FUTURE.
GROW WITH PHU BIA MINING.
PO Processing Officer
- Join our growing company in the dynamic mining industry, multi-cultural team environment
- Join our busy shared services team in an interesting role – processing high volumes of purchase requisitions
- Generous salary and benefits package – Vientiane Office 05 days on, 02 days off roster
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE TO LAO NATIONALS ONLY.
This is an exciting time to join PanAust, and our subsidiary company, Phu Bia Mining in Laos. Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation are both delivering strong production and cost performance. In addition, PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in the Frieda River Copper-Gold project in Papua New Guinea, one of the largest known undeveloped copper and gold deposits in the world, which will become a long-life open-pit operation. The strategic direction of the Company is to maximize returns from its producing assets while advancing pre-development projects that offer potential to sustain and grow the business in the long term.
We offer many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office; and as an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. Our modern mine camps provide great Lao, Asian and Western food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services. Site-based employees work a roster of 20 days on, 8 days off or 14 days on, 7 days off for shift work, while Vientiane – based employees work 5 days per week with 2 days off.
Reporting to Purchasing Supervisor, this role will be responsible to convert PR to POs within agreed Service Level Agreement for all goods and materials, commodities, chemicals and equipment procured by the Company from local and international sources.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day purchasing activities to ensure that PR convert to PO in timely
- Follow PO Checklist and standard PO process
- Incorrect goods resolution with suppliers
- Support and liaise with Supply teams on various issues with price, contracts, commercial terms, part numbers
- Ensure PO confirmation process is followed and continuously improved
- Ensure purchasing policies, processes and proper authorisations are adhered too
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Degree in Business Administration or other relevant qualification
- Some experience in purchasing is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Lao language
- Competency in MS Office, with experience in purchasing software (SAP or similar)
- Highly detail oriented with strong integrity
- Ability to work well within a busy, fast paced environment
If you are interested in applying for the position, we encourage you to apply online via our website at https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=10781&company=PanAust&username=